How to NEVER activate One-Touch?

draelmar
Contributor
Contributor

Recently every time I make a purchase from my iPhone, I immediately receive an email that says I activated One-Touch. I DON'T WANT THIS. So every time I have to log on my computer, log in Paypal and deactivate it. Every time I make a purchase again, I look through the Paypal payment pages for a checkbox where I could opt out of it, but can never find it, and every time I freakin get enrolled again.

This has become such a big hassle I'm thinking on straight up stopping using Paypal for good. But trying to get help one last time: how in the hell can I opt out of One-Touch so it NEVER ACTIVATE?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@draelmar 

After deactivating it on all your devices, just don't select “Stay logged in for faster purchases” when checking out with PayPal upon initial log-in. This activates One Touch for that specific device and browser. The “Stay logged in for faster purchases” check box is found on the PayPal log in step of checkout.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/one-touch-checkout/faq

Clearing cookies deactivates one touch too.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@draelmar 

After deactivating it on all your devices, just don't select “Stay logged in for faster purchases” when checking out with PayPal upon initial log-in. This activates One Touch for that specific device and browser. The “Stay logged in for faster purchases” check box is found on the PayPal log in step of checkout.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/one-touch-checkout/faq

Clearing cookies deactivates one touch too.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

draelmar
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you! May I suggest, to improve PayPal UX, to include the “One-Touch” wording in that option? Otherwise it feels very deceptive. Thanks again!
Login to Me Too

xb_Levi_dx
Contributor
Contributor
The 'solution' to this problem does not help me at all. The 'stay logged in' checkbox is automatically checked every time I make a purchase. AND NO, tell8ng me to clear a cache, or something to make it go away is me doing someone else's job for them. All versions of Paypal login sites should be coded to leave that checkbox empty until I check it. NOT the other way around. I, too, will likely stop using Paypal completely if this isn't fixed on Paypal's end. I'll give it through the year for it to he fixed just to be unnecessarily fair. Otherwise, after that I will be done with Paypal, and go to one of the other half dozen or so popular payment services.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.