How to I set up my account so I can receive money?

M_P45
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have been trying to sell a video game account to my friend using PayPal. We both decided to use PayPal as he has money on his account and it's secure for both of us. Since this is only a one time payment I decided to use the request feature on pay-pal to directly request money from him, but we have ran into a problem. He says he has accepted the amount I requested but the transaction still says pending after 5 days. At first I thought he was trying to scam me but he has sent detailed screenshots and proven he sent the amount he said he sent. He called customer support and they said it was because I didn't have a phone number linked to my paypal account, and said the money would come through once I linked a phone number. The money didn't come through though, and he even resent the money again to make sure it would go through. It didn't. The payment was also international (from the UK to Canada) so I'm wondering if that could be the problem? Is there anything else I should know about making sure my paypal account is set up to receive money?

Thanks,

Mp

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.