How long will paypal lies continue?

colonyboy
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal holds up echeck payment disbursements for 3-5 days. Every time I do a refund through an echeck, the money is taken from my account the next business day and the funds are then immediately available to paypal. Yet, paypal falsely claims that, after the funds are removed from my account, that it takes 3-5 days of additional processing for the funds to be available to paypal. This is not true. Once the funds are removed from my Chase account, they are instantly available to paypal. Why does paypal continue to lie about this? I apologize for this stupid question. It's about the money. The longer they keep it, the more paypal makes.  I made 2 refunds on Aug 28. The money was taken from my account on Aug 29. That is all of the processing involved in this or any other similar transaction. There is no waiting period for paypal to now receive the money, the transfer is instant once the funds are available (Aug 29). Why does paypal lie and state that the funds need to be processed for another 3-5 days? The echecks will not clear until Sept 3. Paypal lies to keep the float. This has NOTHING to do with individual bank policies or ACH processing or any clearinghouse activities. This is greed and lies, period, strictly on the part of paypal. Are they so bereft as a result of the failure of their latest money grab (the no fees refund money grab) that they need to needlessly tie up our funds?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Rich

Hi colonyboy,

I'm sorry to hear that you have had a negative experience with eChecks. That is understandably frustrating. Here is a link with more information about eChecks. The eCheck timeline is clearly explained here, as well as how to avoid sending eChecks in the future: https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what-is-an-echeck-faq1082.

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

colonyboy
Contributor
Contributor

this is nuts, I signed into this platform and an ebay user id that I have not used in a while showed up. OK, but now, it shows up on this thread, which is not mine. Here is my one and only thread: https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Managing-Risk-and-Fraud/Anybody-out-there-happy-with-paypal-s-ne...

What the hell is going on?

Login to Me Too

colonyboy
Contributor
Contributor

BTW, there is NO reason for paypal to tie up funds once they are removed from the debited account. That is an ACH transfer, which, once instituted, is almost instantaneous. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.