How long does a refund take?

ulfw20191

Hi,

Got a refund today at 12:00 from an eBay seller (via a debit card linked to my PayPal). I paid with Starling Bank, who say that as soon as they receive the funds, they credit it to my account. How long would it take for the money to be in my account?

Regards

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ulfw20191 

Can't see the image just yet because it has to be approved. As long as you have a refund transaction showing by itself in your PayPal account activity and a reference to the refund in the original transaction, a refund was issued/completed. Then the clock starts til when the refund is posted by your financial institution.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ulfw20191 

Refunds go back to original funding source. Arrival times may vary:

Bank payments, 3-5 or 5-7 days, depending on your bank.

Cards, a week up to 30 days depending on your issuing card.

PayPal balance, fairly instant.

Split payments between PayPal balance and card/bank, see above.

Login to Me Too

ulfw20191

So does the length of time depend on the bank, or on PayPal? @sharpiemarker 

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ulfw20191 

Once the refund is marked as issued/completed in your PayPal account activity, it depends on the bank/card issuer.

Login to Me Too

ulfw20191

Sorry about the questions, but does this (attached) count at "marked as issued/completed"? @sharpiemarker Capture3155.PNG

Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ulfw20191 

Can't see the image just yet because it has to be approved. As long as you have a refund transaction showing by itself in your PayPal account activity and a reference to the refund in the original transaction, a refund was issued/completed. Then the clock starts til when the refund is posted by your financial institution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.