How do you use Paypal on Amazon?

Dragonking2356
Contributor
Contributor

I need to know how do I use money that is in my paypal on amazon to purchase something?

Login to Me Too
73 REPLIES 73

Judith123
Contributor
Contributor

Aren't there Fees associated with both the Business and Personal PP Debit cards?  (I looked at the Personal Debit and the Terms mention a $4.95 activation fee and $4.95 monthly fee.  The Business Debit card mentions a "fixed fee" per transaction.  I forget if there's a monthly fee on top of that.)

I don;t need a Debit card, so I'm not going to delve into the "Terms & Conditions" of each.  BUT, please read the "Terms and Conditions" CAREFULLY before applying for one.

I had no trouble with the Amazon Gift Card (and NO FEES).  It was easy.  

Login to Me Too

Cannavas420
Contributor
Contributor

Is it immediate or do you have to wait for them to mail it? Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Judith123
Contributor
Contributor
Minutes ago, I purchased an Amazon Gift Card and, as soon as I paid for the Card, the Code (Gift Card #) popped up on the screen, along with a "Redeem Now" option (button). I cose "Redeem Now" and was taken to Amazon where I signed in to my account. I was, then, taken to the Gift Card section of my account, where the new Gift Card Code was already filled in. All I had to do was click "Add to Balance". 🙂
Login to Me Too

Suzq1
Where did you buy the Amazon gift card from.?
Login to Me Too

cyngold

@Judith123 wrote:
Minutes ago, I purchased an Amazon Gift Card and, as soon as I paid for the Card, the Code (Gift Card #) popped up on the screen, along with a "Redeem Now" option (button). I cose "Redeem Now" and was taken to Amazon where I signed in to my account. I was, then, taken to the Gift Card section of my account, where the new Gift Card Code was already filled in. All I had to do was click "Add to Balance". 🙂

You made me so happy!!!! 
HOWEVER... now in 2019 there are NO MORE AMAZON GIFT CARDS sold by PayPal. They must have slipt in not very amicable terms.  Either that or PayPal wanted revenge for not being accepted in Amazon as a payment method any longer.  Either way: we are the ones in trouble. Always us, the consumers. 😞

Login to Me Too

Judith123
Contributor
Contributor

I agree.  Total bummer!  I'm thinking Amazon wants people to apply for Amazon Credit, so their not allowing PayPal (Credit) to sell their Gift Cards.  I keep watching for them, though.  Smiley Very Happy

Login to Me Too

troy94
New Community Member

I used Gyft.com and got $400 giftcard immediately. I uploaded the card to account and purchased my goods within miniutes!

Login to Me Too

EH21

It was immediate for the gift card.  

Login to Me Too

Cannavas420
Contributor
Contributor

Oh man I've tried 5 times now and it won't let me finish logging in to my account and then it says they can't do it, use a different payment method but I have money in my paypal account, I don't get it?!

Login to Me Too

Judith123
Contributor
Contributor

That happened to me (it wouldn't let me make the purchase & told me to use a different method of payment, even though I had available credit).  After 6 or 8 times trying (consecutively), I gave up.   Several days later (maybe as much as a week), I tried again.  It let me, first time, without any hassles. 

I don't know why it's like that.  Just another of PP's many quirks, I guess.

To answer your first question, it is an E-gift card.  It will be sent to your email account that you signed in with (unless you chose it as a gift to someone else, of course).  Mine arrived within minutes, I think, but you might have to wait up to 24 hours(?). 

I hope it works out for you.  Keep trying.  😉

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.