How do you use Paypal on Amazon?

Dragonking2356
Contributor
Contributor

I need to know how do I use money that is in my paypal on amazon to purchase something?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

SIgn up for a PayPal business debit card:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/debit-card

If you have a personal account, you must have received at least $ 500 within the last 12 months.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
73 REPLIES 73

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dragonking2356

Amazon does not accept paypal.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Vikingodin
Contributor
Contributor
I already have amazon account but normally pay through amazon
Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

SIgn up for a PayPal business debit card:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/debit-card

If you have a personal account, you must have received at least $ 500 within the last 12 months.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

LoneWolfiNTj

Regarding the question "How do you use Paypal on Amazon?", the only truthful answer is: You can't.

As for the flabbergastingly incorrect and irrelevant answer "SIgn up for a PayPal business debit card", that doesn't constitute "using Paypal on Amazon", that constitutes "using something OTHER THAN Paypal on Amazon", which isn't the same thing at all! Of course a person can sell item A and use the proceeds to buy item B. But that in no way implies that item B is item A. Don't "bait 'n' switch", it's infuriating.

Furthermore, this "answer" isn't even a good "work-around", much less an answer, because most people don't own a business.

Login to Me Too

mlbrewer

I get where that user was coming from. Even if you do not have a business to qualify and apply for the PayPal business debit card YOU CAN apply for the PayPal Cash Card which is still a debit card connected to your standard PayPal balance, which allows you to use said balance on Amazon. Therefore, YOU CAN use PayPal on Amazon. Signing up for the debit card is simple and as far as I know it's an option for anyone with a PayPal account. The card even comes quickly. So, when a website won't allow you to connect to PayPal directly and pay with the balance you still have a card. All sites accept debit cards.

PayPal Cash Card.JPG

Login to Me Too

Foxy_Scarlett
New Community Member

OK part 1 I presume as I have discovered this today that I made a purchess  "Order placed December 6, 2016 "

WITH PAYPAL on amazon.com I purchessed my friends xmas present from there .... so sometime since then and when this was posted in 2017 amazon must of dissolved its agreement to have paypal as a payment method

part 2 the " Paypal cash card " is only available to members of paypal residing in usa wich I must add is quite decerning and upsetting as I would of used this method but being Australian it isn't an option

Login to Me Too

tomayhem
New Community Member

Today I could not pay for a@ product on amazon  with paypal. I like using paypal because paypal was designed for internet commerce. Banks are the single most often hacked entities online. Therefore I do not want my bank data, including credit cards appearing online. I keep that data stored on my paypal account. I know that it is possible to buy many things on sites other than amazon. This option is one I am leaning toward. It is consistent with other positions I take. For example, I refused to use amazon prime at my neighborhood whole foods. I certainly could have. But the relationship struck me as intrusive (I do not know if the word I actually use to characterize the relationship is acceptable online, so I opted for a less salient term). Indeed, the discomfort associated with exercising other options is in itself consistent with what I do not like about amazon. It is too convenient. Too easy. I place strong value upon strenuous effort. With strenuous effort I learn various things I find important and valuable. Using another set of venues for purchasing with paypal is consistent because paypal is uniquely designed for internet commerce. I do not use paypal at my grocery store, or any other bricks and mortar commercial venue. Today I could not learn the answer to my question as to why suddenly I cannot use paypal on amazon. I called paypal and I called amazon. An amazon staff member that I had a long and cordial conversation with told me that as a matter of fact, paypal refuses to participate with amazon. When I called paypal, the staff member was short and brusque, angry. He indicated that amazon does not cooperate with a dispute process paypal endorses. He did not exactly hang up on me. But when he declined to answer further questions and I asked to speak with a supervisor, I was told 'of course', then put on hold for quite a while. I eventually terminated the call.  Clearly there are some strong feelings about this issue. Clearly I was unable to get the reason for this change.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.