How do re-enable an automatic payment?

shanemorales
Contributor
Contributor

I canceled an automatic payment to a merchant, but now I need to activate it again. I can't figure out how to do that. There is no option to do this on the transactions description page. Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @shanemorales,

Thank you for your post. If you've canceled the preapproved payment arrangement with a merchant, a new billing agreement would have to be established with that merchant. This would be done through the merchant's website or application, by designating PayPal as your payment method again.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @shanemorales,

Thank you for your post. If you've canceled the preapproved payment arrangement with a merchant, a new billing agreement would have to be established with that merchant. This would be done through the merchant's website or application, by designating PayPal as your payment method again.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

PL10of12
Contributor
Contributor

This does not work with Apple.  They will not allow you to re-enable the payment if you have an outstanding payment due.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.