How do payments work?

concogill
New Community Member

I am new to PayPal. I recently received my first payment on PayPal and got a very legit-looking email on my linked email address telling me to claim my money. I did so, but am confused as when I log into PayPal it does not show anywhere, not in my wallet or balance or even under the activity tab. Did it automatically go into my bank account but hasn't loaded yet and that's why I can't see it on PayPal? Or have I been duped? In which case, what should I do next?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Randy

@concogill,

If the payment isn't showing as "Completed" or "Pending" in your PayPal account's history, it's possible that the email you received wasn't from PayPal.  If you’ve been paid you’ll see the payment in your account.  If you didn't receive a payment, do not ship the merchandise to the buyer as you wouldn't be covered under PayPal's Seller Protection Policy.  I recommend looking for common warning signs of known scams prior to shipping an item.  

- Randy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.