How do I stop Paypal from defaulting to paypal balance?

scottfrmgeorgia
New Community Member

How do I stop paypal from splitting funding for payments?

I have my paypal preferred payment method set to my debit card. However, notwithstanding, when eBay came in and took its money for the monthly invoice statement, it cleaned out my paypal balance first, and then went to my bank account for the rest. 

I can't be the only one who wishes to avoid split funding for payments. It causes all kinds of bookkeeping headaches when that happens. This is especially so when there is no other way than transaction amount and ***approximate*** date to figure out which activity on paypal corresponds to which bank or credit card transaction. Split funding means that an anomalous entry is all that much more difficult to track down.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sjlawrence
New Community Member

Not only is this a HUGE bookkeeping nightmare  - made WORSE because now we're doing it weekly - but other apps offer the ability to let those odd little funds accumulate for savings. That's what I want to do with it. PAYPAY: PLEASE STOP USING MY SPARE CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.