cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I show a running balance...

New Community Member

How do I show a running balance...

on my activity page of the  Paypal account? Any legitimate accounting statement/register shows a running balance. Paypal intentionally obscures this information - why I do not know.

4 REPLIES
New Community Member

Re: How do I show a running balance...

I can find no way to get a running balance, even in their reports.   I know of no financial institute that does not show a running balance in the account. This is a very poor implantation by Paypal.  I now am starting to understand why some people refuse to use PayPal for transactions.  Are there other more honest  "transfer of funds" type accounts that eBay accepts.  

After spending about half an hour on a live chat I finally was given a separate website that has the account history statement that we used to be able to access from our main page.  You now have to go to www.paypal.com/history after you log in to your account.  The live chat person kept telling me the steps for "Create a Custom" report in the statements tab which I had tried numerous times.  They suggested trying the "CSV" version which I did; it converted to Excel but I could not ever open it.  The paypal.com/history worked first time.  Try that !

Tags (1)

After spending about half an hour on a live chat I finally was given a separate website that has the account history statement that we used to be able to access from our main page.  You now have to go to www.paypal.com/history after you log in to your account.  The live chat person kept telling me the steps for "Create a Custom" report in the statements tab which I had tried numerous times.  They suggested trying the "CSV" version which I did; it converted to Excel but I could not ever open it.  The paypal.com/history worked first time.  Try that !

Tags (1)
New Community Member

Well, I finally found my running balance, thanks! How completely stupid of Paypal to make it so difficult to find. I will probably go back to paying by card more now instead!