How do I show a running balance...

24Peter
Contributor
Contributor

on my activity page of the  Paypal account? Any legitimate accounting statement/register shows a running balance. Paypal intentionally obscures this information - why I do not know.

Login to Me Too
42 REPLIES 42

ramseydc
Contributor
Contributor

I can find no way to get a running balance, even in their reports.   I know of no financial institute that does not show a running balance in the account. This is a very poor implantation by Paypal.  I now am starting to understand why some people refuse to use PayPal for transactions.  Are there other more honest  "transfer of funds" type accounts that eBay accepts.  

Login to Me Too

namcspad
Contributor
Contributor

After spending about half an hour on a live chat I finally was given a separate website that has the account history statement that we used to be able to access from our main page.  You now have to go to www.paypal.com/history after you log in to your account.  The live chat person kept telling me the steps for "Create a Custom" report in the statements tab which I had tried numerous times.  They suggested trying the "CSV" version which I did; it converted to Excel but I could not ever open it.  The paypal.com/history worked first time.  Try that !

Login to Me Too

omtech
Contributor
Contributor

This probably used to work, as of 3/5/2021, it no longer show running balance.

Login to Me Too

Temp20220726t
New Community Member

Nope, /history doesn't work, either.

Unbelievable.

I'm looking for a new vendor...

Login to Me Too

WhiteWhale
Contributor
Contributor

I occasionally get emails about someone

responding to this thread and I'm hoping

that I'm the idiot and that getting a running

balance is simple.

No, not yet.

Unbelievable is right.

Login to Me Too

Bryanne99
Contributor
Contributor

Yes this is just unbelievable. I raised a support ticket on this THREE TIMES and they actually LIED to me and said there was a "glitch" and it would reappear shortly. that was about  four months ago!!!!

You CAN get the running balance but this is now only by downloading their "Activity" report in CSV format.  But if you happen to be using several currencies this is a right royal pain in the butt as it lumps all currencies together so you are forced to surgically separate the currencies into separate worksheets.  

This situation is really beyond belief. NO financial institution purporting to be half serious hides account running balances!!!!!

Login to Me Too

ramseydc
Contributor
Contributor

Maybe you should send this message directly to the Paypal CEO.   

<removed>

Had to spell this out since:

The message body contains "<removed> email address" which is not permitted in this community. Please remove this content before sending your post. 

And anyone else who wants to raise this issue can do likewise.  Enough complaints and something might be done????

Login to Me Too

omtech
Contributor
Contributor

Nope, doesn't work. 

Login to Me Too

namcspad
Contributor
Contributor

After spending about half an hour on a live chat I finally was given a separate website that has the account history statement that we used to be able to access from our main page.  You now have to go to www.paypal.com/history after you log in to your account.  The live chat person kept telling me the steps for "Create a Custom" report in the statements tab which I had tried numerous times.  They suggested trying the "CSV" version which I did; it converted to Excel but I could not ever open it.  The paypal.com/history worked first time.  Try that !

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.