How do I remove (take back) a pending payment

emmanuelklement
Contributor
Contributor

I am buying something of the internet and the seller told me that this email was her paypal so I sent the money there but a few minutes later she said that she gave me the wrong email and that I should pay there. The thing is I already paid on the other account and if she creates that account before the 30 days in which it gets returned automatically she would basically get my payment twice. So all I need to know is how I can cancel the pending payment.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@emmanuelklement 

Sounds highly suspicious. She can tell you "oh it's wrong email address" every time you send money and then later on claim all the funds. And if you happen to be sending payment as friends and family, you can't get your money back.

Tell her to add and confirm the email address to her PayPal account to claim money.

Man I hope this is not some purchase off some facebook ad, don't know if who's on the other end as those sellers are not vetted. Don't matter what reviews, comments, or likes on their page because they can be bought and faked.

Do you see a cancel button anywhere on the transaction on your end? If not, she either has to establish email account, then add the email address to your PayPal to claim money or you get your money back after 30 days. Are the email address corrections typos? IF they are entirely different email addresses, beware.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@emmanuelklement 

Sounds highly suspicious. She can tell you "oh it's wrong email address" every time you send money and then later on claim all the funds. And if you happen to be sending payment as friends and family, you can't get your money back.

Tell her to add and confirm the email address to her PayPal account to claim money.

Man I hope this is not some purchase off some facebook ad, don't know if who's on the other end as those sellers are not vetted. Don't matter what reviews, comments, or likes on their page because they can be bought and faked.

Do you see a cancel button anywhere on the transaction on your end? If not, she either has to establish email account, then add the email address to your PayPal to claim money or you get your money back after 30 days. Are the email address corrections typos? IF they are entirely different email addresses, beware.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

emmanuelklement
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah that's why I haven't sent anything to the new email yet. I want to cancel the old pending one first. Ive looked everywhere but I can't find a cancel button. On the PayPal Help page it says it's possible to cancel pending payments but somehow the instructions don't work out for me ( can't find the cancel button). How do I cancel the pending payment? Thanks.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @emmanuelklement,

Here's a summary of Help Center articles that are All about cancelling payments. If the transaction is able to be cancelled, you'll find the information on how to do so there.

Good luck!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.