How do I find ....

karenchristense
Contributor
Contributor
I made a sale on Facebook Marketplace. The buyer hit the button that said BUY NOW. I can't find where my money went. I do have 2 paypal accounts, but it's not showing up in either accounts. At her end it says I was PAID. What do I do to find my $$$.?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @karenchristense,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting. 

To receive a payment for an eBay sale, the email address you used on your eBay listing must be added to your PayPal account and then confirmed.

Here’s how to find the email address you used in your eBay listing:

1. Go to www.ebay.com and log in to your account.
  2. Under 'My eBay Summary', in the ‘Sell’ section, click Sold.
  3. Under ‘More Actions’ next to the item you want to be paid for, click Sell Similar.
  4. Under ‘Decide how you’d like to be paid’ near the bottom of the page, find the email address you used in your listing.

To receive your payment, add the email address to your PayPal account. Here's how:

1. Go to www.paypal.com and log in to your account.
  2. Click the Settings icon at the top of the page.
  3. Beside ‘Email’, click Update.
  4. Enter your new email address and click Save.

When you add an email address to your PayPal account, we email you to confirm that you own the email address. Click the link in the email to confirm your email address.

If you can’t access the email address you used in your eBay listing, send the buyer a new payment request. Ask the buyer to cancel the original payment and send a new payment to the correct email address.

Here’s how to request a new payment:

1. Go to www.paypal.com and log in to your account.
  2. Click Send and Request near the top of the page.
  3. Click Request money.
  4. Enter the payment request details and click Next.
  5. Review the request and enter a message to the buyer.
  6. Click Request Money.

The original payment will automatically be cancelled in 30 days if the buyer is unable to cancel it.

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.