How do I contact the Merchant

Adedoyin07
New Community Member

Hello, 

I mistakenly paid twice for an item and I have been asked to contact the merchant to cancel the second payment before he/she dispatches. I have done my best to check out how I can reach out to the merchant, but I could not find any clue about how to contact the merchant please?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Adedoyin07 

Ok, then In the transaction details, does it say, "This is a temporary authorization....etc, etc"? If so, then you can't do anything until money is captured and the transaction is in the completed section of your PayPal account activity. Once its completed, you may dispute it like I previously mentioned.

The website has a contact page, scroll down to the bottom of page. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Adedoyin07 

Go to the merchant website to look for help, support, customer service or contact page. There is also the PayPal email address in the transaction details. If that don't get a response from merchant, open a dispute by clicking "Report a problem" in the transaction details. Do not file Unauthorized Payment dispute. File an Item Not Received dispute to open up a dialog with the seller to request a refund for duplicate charge, if no response from seller, you may escalate to PayPal to step in and help within 20 days.

Login to Me Too

Adedoyin07
New Community Member

@sharpiemarker Thank you for your switch and kind response. 

But I could not get the website of the merchant online. I bought the article I am buying on https://rimowasales.com/ and no merchant information is posted there. 

Secondly, on my transaction details, no contact information including email is there. 

Please can you advise further ? 

Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Adedoyin07 

Ok, then In the transaction details, does it say, "This is a temporary authorization....etc, etc"? If so, then you can't do anything until money is captured and the transaction is in the completed section of your PayPal account activity. Once its completed, you may dispute it like I previously mentioned.

The website has a contact page, scroll down to the bottom of page. 

Login to Me Too

Adedoyin07
New Community Member

@sharpiemarker 

Thank you very much then. I will wait. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.