How do I claim money?

idlebrowse
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I got an email from the service paypay email advising me 'Don't forget to claim your money' - it then advises me to log in to claim my funds. I do this, but can't see how to now claim the funds referred to in the email. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@idlebrowse

Is it an ebay sale or a private sale?

Is the transaction showing in your paypal account at all?

Was it an international sale?

Are the funds in another currency?

Is the email you got the notification to the same one that your paypal account is linked to and that you supplied on your auction or to the buyer?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

idlebrowse
Contributor
Contributor

It is an ebay sale. 

I cannot see the transaction in the paypal wallet or anyone else in my paypal account.

It was not an international sale.

The funds are not in another currency.

The email I got the notification to is not the same one that my paypal account is linked to - could this be the issue, and if so what is the most efficient way of resolving it? Thanks a lot for the help.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@idlebrowse

The email address on your AUCTION identifies the paypal account that the payment goes to.

If the email address is not linked to your paypal account then the funds won't go into that account.

Can you ADD that email address to your paypal account (you can have 8 on the 1 paypal account) and verify it and then the funds should come with it.

Then go and do a pretend sale, filling in anything until you get to the main page > scroll down to under the postage info and under payment methods should be the email address that was on that auction.........was it correct? 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

idlebrowse
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I realised I had a second email account set up with the other email address - that's all sorted now, however though I can now see the payments they aren't showing on the balance, any idea what I do to now claim the payments?

Thanks so much for the help.

Login to Me Too

idlebrowse
Contributor
Contributor

I'm logged into my account with the correct email address and I've been emailed to confirm I need to claim a payment made to me via an ebay seller - when I go into paypal however I cannot see how to claim the payment. Can someone advise please? Thanks.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@idlebrowse

Do you mean a seller has issued a refund?

Only buyers make payments not sellers?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

idlebrowse
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry clarification; I sold items, and the buyers have sent me money as payment for the items sold. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@idlebrowse

You may have logged in on the correct email address but you may have the wrong one on your auction.

Go and do a pretend 'sell' put in anything until you get to the main page, scroll down to below the postage info and in small letters underneath should be payment methods, check the email in there is correct with no spelling errors.

Also can you say if it was an international sale and if they paid in another currency?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

idlebrowse
Contributor
Contributor

I think that's ok as the payments are now showing as ON HOLD (I confirmed some other details which seemed to sort that) - it says they'll be on hold for 21 days from the date they came though, I'm guessing there's nothing I can do to affect that. Shall I close this? You've been very helpful kernowlass.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.