New Community Member
Hoq do i cancel a payment i have just made
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Judy1007,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting. 

If your payment is marked as completed on your account it is not possible to cancel this. What you can do is request a refund from the seller. 

Here's how to find the seller's contact information:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Activity.
  3. Click on the transaction you want a refund for.
  4. Use the contact information to send the seller an email.

How your refund is processed depends on how you paid for the transaction. Here are the refund scenarios:

• Paid with a credit card: Your refund is credited to the card you used. The refund time frame is 2-5 business days but can take up to 30 days depending on your card company.
  • Paid with a debit card: Your refund is either credited to the card or to your PayPal balance.
  • Paid with your PayPal balance: Your refund is credited to your PayPal balance.
  • Paid fully with Bank Funded: Your refund will initially go back to the balance before being auto swept back to the original funding source (bank)
  • Paid partially with Bank Funded: Your portion of the transaction funded by bank will initially go back to the balance before being auto swept back to the original funding source (bank).
  • Paid a Negative Balance: No impact, the refund will  not offset any negative balance. Customer will receive the full refund amount expected to their bank account
  • If your original Bank Account is not present: Your funds will credit to the PayPal balance.

If the seller won't refund your money, you have 180 days from the date you paid for your item to file a dispute.

Here's how to open a dispute:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Contact Us on the bottom of the webpage.
  3. Select Resolution Center on the top right.
  4. Click Dispute a Transaction.
  5. Select the date range for the transaction you want to dispute.
  6. Click the radio button beside the date of the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.
  7. Select the reason for your dispute, and then click Continue.

I hope this helps. 

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.