How can a minor pay off PayPal negative balance after their account has been terminated by PayPal?

marjou6588
Contributor
Contributor

Title says it all.

My son used to have a PayPal account for receiving funds. PayPal deemed the account underaged and permanently set limits to it, this includes the option to Send and Request Money.

Soon after, the account has received a lot of disputes, in which all have been successful, and now has to pay over $40+. This has led the account to have a negative balance.

We tried making a bank account and using the funds on that bank account to clear up the negative balance, but it seems to have failed and led to more problems.

It has been almost a year now, and we have noticed the account was terminated, probably due to the negative balance.

Is there ANY way to pay the negative balance off now with the bank account of my son who is still a MINOR? How do we resolve this?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

marjou6588
Contributor
Contributor

We literally CANNOT contact PayPal. We have tried phoning them up during that time but they cannot seem to help us in any way due to poor communication.

The prompt now says "Sorry, something went wrong on our end. Please try again." when we try to log in the minor's PayPal account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.