How can I avoid paying Euros with Pounds Balance (or other currencies)

gnsr
New Community Member

I sometimes have a paypal balance in, say, Great Britain Pounds.

Then, if I have to make an Euros payment on Uber or on another service which doesn't provide an interface for paypal's payment options, those Great Britain Pounds will be automatically converted to Euros and used in the payment.

Is there a way to prevent paypal from converting balance currency on payment?

I find this currency conversion extremely inefficient. I have other means of payment on paypal with which to pay in Euros with no currency conversion (and no fees). I should keep my Great Britain Pounds for when I'm paying in that currency.

Thanks in advance, 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @gnsr,

Thank you for your post. Pre-approved payments are made using any available balance first. If there are not sufficient funds in the balance, the remainder will be charged from the payment method associated with the billing agreement. If there are sufficient funds in the balance in the currency of the payment, then currency conversion will not be necessary.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

yrnkrn
Contributor
Contributor

You can manage the credit card currency conversion options here:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_profile-merchant-pull-funding&CALL_FORM_UPDATE=false

select if it would be done by paypal or credit card, whichever is better for you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.