How can I Pay with USD When I live in a Country that Uses EUR?

Blue-I
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!

I have two bank accounts: one that has EUR as its currency and another that has USD. I'd like to make a payment by using USD to a person who uses USD as his currency.

However, from what I found out, it seems like
1) I can't put USD to my PayPal balance. It says "You can only deposit money to your PayPal account via SEPA transfer and only in Euros." when I click "Transfer money" while in the "Wallet" section.

2) I can't directly pay by using any bank account, only by using a credit card, but only my EUR account is linked to a card, and not the USD one.

Is there any way I can accomplish the USD transfer the way I described?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Martin

Hi @Blue-I

Welcome to our Community!

Unfortunately , it is not possible to use your bank account. The currency is dictated by the country and the IBAN number. Therefore, it is not possible to add funds or fund payment using teh bank process in another currency. As your card is linked to your Euro account only, you could ask your bank to issue a card linked to your USD account within their system. When making car payment you are give the option to choose the card currency. 

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.