How Long Does It Take To Receive Money?

FrostCraft
Contributor
Contributor

So I've had nearly 5 people tell me that they send me funds to both my primary email and my secondary email, but so far I haven't received any of them... 1 of them was $70 which I really need and would appreciate it if someone could tell me if someone actually attempted to send money to me.... Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Cree89,

All you need to receive your payment is an open a PayPal account and a confirmed email address. If you already have a PayPal account, you'll see the recent activity on your Summary page. Click your transaction to view the details.

As soon as you receive the payment you'll receive a notification from us and you can transfer the funds to your bank account. With PayPal Cash account or PayPal Cash Plus account you can keep this money in PayPal and use it to send a payment. If you have not received a notification from us and you do not see that payment in your recent activity, it's possible this may be a spoof or phishing attempt.

I hope that helps clear everything up,

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
29 REPLIES 29

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Can be several reasons.  If someone sends funds from their bank account, it can take 2 to 3 days to be processed.  If the wrong email address is used, the funds go unclaimed and will be returned to the sender after 30 days.  If your account is not verified, PayPal can hold the funds up to 21 days.  If you have no record of a transaction in your account history, then nothing to date has happened.

Login to Me Too

FrostCraft
Contributor
Contributor

Just wonderin but if the funds were sent to the wrong email, and were redirected to a different email by the sender, would it take 5-6 days for the funds to appear in the target's account? This is what one of the people said, they changed the email they were sending it to and PayPal supposedly said it'd be 5-6 days before it would get to me.

Login to Me Too

FrostCraft
Contributor
Contributor

I could honestly use some help here...

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

As your situation is a bit messed up, all you can do is wait to see what happens.  You can always contact customer support to see if they have any info.

Login to Me Too

Cstcker
New Community Member
I tried to call but since the cov19 no one to talk to. How can I speak to someone
Login to Me Too

Ngregg
New Community Member
I have someone send me a chunk of money. They sent it Wednesday and I haven't received it yet. This the second day and still nothing
Login to Me Too

PurpleGamer
Contributor
Contributor
Hey PayPal it's already been 3 days that I haven't got my money
Login to Me Too

Danio405
Contributor
Contributor
The 2-3 days they state is b.s. I’m seriously considering another service because they took the money out of the senders account and failed to release to me after 3rd day. I’m questioning my loyalty to this application.
Login to Me Too

Ane1235
It’s actually so annoying on my 4th day now still no payment received
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.