How Do I Send to Family and Friends and Turn Off Buyer Protection?

AnRen
Contributor
Contributor

I would like to send money from my bank account from China to a family member's PayPal account in America.  However, I was told I should change the status to send to family and friends.  The last time I sent, the process did not go through.  Is there a way to turn off Buyer protection and change the status from a purchase, to sending to family and friends, in order to make the transaction process smoother?  Thank you in advance for your time and help!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AnRen 

The friends / family option is not available in every country.

If you click to send money > imput the email address > then on the next page its not offered then its not available for you unfortunately.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AnRen 

The friends / family option is not available in every country.

If you click to send money > imput the email address > then on the next page its not offered then its not available for you unfortunately.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

AnRen
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much for your help.

Login to Me Too

sharonkende
Contributor
Contributor

You can call customer service (CS) and have them disable buyer protection.

Login to Me Too

sharonkende
Contributor
Contributor

I did not have the option perhaps because I opened my paypal account in connection with a MC debit card that I purchased.  

Then, I called CS and asked them to please enable Friends and Family and they turned off buyer protection on their end.

They did it and I am not able to do this but it is possible, at least in the US if you do not abuse the privilige and if you have paypal cashplus account or a bank account linked to paypal.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sharonkende 

The original poster is in CHINA where friends / family is not available for them to send the funds as a gift.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.