How AM I able to buy things online with paypal when my BANK has NO MONEY IN IT?

flcam1
Contributor
Contributor

I am confused, How am I able to keep buying things online..

bought 100.00 item but only have 15.00 in my entire linked bank account

Is PAYPAL fronting me money essentially? What happens if I choose to NEVER pay them back?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@flcam1 

Transfers from bank accounts are never instant, that is why when you buy something paypal credit the seller upfront for you and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer to pay them back again, this is so you get your item without delay.

Takes several working days to transfer as Paypal use the slowest (cheapest) transfer option BUT funds normally leave your bank account from a few hours up to a few days later.

If there are insufficient funds then paypal may try again a few days later OR try any back up funding source you have linked to your paypal account.

If none of them work then they would put your paypal account into negative and limit it until you paid them back again.

If you didn't clear the negative balance then they would pass the debt on to a collection agency to contact you to pay. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

flcam1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, answer this please.....

- How am I even able to be approved for SUCH large amounts when My bank account is diminished? 650.00 was approved for fanduel gambling tokens... I had 180.00 in my bank account at the time...

Why or how am I even approved? What is paypals monetary limit?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.