Holding of funds

denzel12
Contributor
Contributor

I'm from Trinidad if I send money from my business Paypal to someone from New Jersey Paypal account will the funds be on hold or will it go one time?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@denzel12 

No one really knows for sure because holds depends on the unique account history and activity of each account. If you send a goods and services payment, I would say there is a possibility for a hold (up to 21 days) if the recipient is not in the habit of receiving goods and services payments or if it is a unusually large amount for their account. Another possibility if not the 21 day hold is a 48 to 72 hour hold for review for both personal or commercial (g&s) payment. If there is a 21 day hold, the recipient has to click "Add Tracking" and select an order status (Shipped - not tracking required, or Order processed) and then ask you to "Confirm Receipt" on your end of the transaction to release funds.

If the payment goes through fairly instantly, then there was no risk on either accounts that PayPal security system can pick up on.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.