Hi

Josseline
Contributor
Contributor

I have a question? I have a negative balance for a person wanting money back for a purchase.. my brother send me money to clear the negative and it was taken away inmediately.. the negative was cleared.. can I use the money taken from my account to pay the buyer? Or do I have to wait for the case to close and payed itself. Idon't have a credit card linked.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Josseline

Do not add anymore money. You should be squared away now. If you do and refund the buyer, the buyer would be refunded twice. When a dispute is filed, funds are on hold and if you have a negative balance because of that, all you need is to cover the negative balance so that your PayPal balance is zero. When the case is closed, the funds on hold will be given to the buyer. So do not add anymore funds to refund the buyer.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Josseline

Do not add anymore money. You should be squared away now. If you do and refund the buyer, the buyer would be refunded twice. When a dispute is filed, funds are on hold and if you have a negative balance because of that, all you need is to cover the negative balance so that your PayPal balance is zero. When the case is closed, the funds on hold will be given to the buyer. So do not add anymore funds to refund the buyer.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Buisness
New Community Member

heey i need help!! do you know what this means??? 

Recurring payment from ........

Canceled

why do the receivement of payments from clients get cancelled i need help!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.