Hey. i wanted to know 2 things about PayPal goods and services:

Joniiid
Contributor
Contributor

1. If i pay someone for a digital item through PayPal goods and services and i did not get the item i paid for, can i ask for a refund? 

2.If i pay someone through PayPal goods and services, i have to press confirm receipt so he will get the money? 

Thanks all

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Joniiid 

1. Yes you can open a dispute however whether you get a refund is dependent on many factors. Best read up on buyer protection to risk assess your transactions.

2. No they get their money anyway. Normally sellers won't send items until they are paid.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Joniiid
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

Hey. How much time + - does it take for paypal to refund the money when i opened a case? The seller approved what i said as well.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Joniiid,

Thank you for your questions! If the seller approves of the resolution to refund you and they select to refund you through the dispute, the refund is immediate, but the appearance of the funds depends on what payment method was used to make the original payment.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.