Help

Woody47
New Community Member
I sold 2 coats on FB marketplace. The buyer wanted me to hold the items for 4 days and offered to pay by PayPal so I would hold them back . I agreed and asked her to pay friends/family To avoid me getting charged and also said I would refund her if she did not like them when she collected. Long story short, after her flaffing around about not knowing how PayPal works etc, and not making the payment, we get to day 4 and she arranges to collect Later that day So I ask her to bring cash instead (£18) . She states she’d rather pay by PayPal as inconvenient for her to stop at a cashpoint. She sends me a screenshot of her PayPal payment transaction to me And arrives approx 30 minutes later to collect. I hand her one of the coats so she can inspect/try on etc but she states she’s in a hurry as she got a friend to give her a lift so I hold each coat up as I hand it to her and she’s stated they’re perfect, just what she was looking for and off she goes. (My police officer husband witnesses this also) An hour later I get a message to say one of the coats is too big for her (she’d already confirmed the sizes with me prior to saying she wanted them) and would I refund her ‘like I said I would’ ! I responded that the refund was offered when she was originally paying a few days prior to collecting and if she did not like them on collection, NOT after she’d taken them home etc. She then stated the zip on the other coat was faulty and ‘stuck’ . So I obviously disputed this also as both COats where in very good condition and most definitely not faulty - I also sent her photos I’d taken for the advert which showed with the coat zipped up and unzipped. The coat is ‘fluffy l ’ style so I suggested she look to see if any of the fluffy Material had got snagged in the zip. But again reiterated that it was not faulty before and I would not be refunding. She then implied she’d not looked at them properly because She was rushing because I’d stated in an earlier message that I had to leave the house by 4.45 (which I had) but she arrived to collect them at 4.30pm so I was not rushing her at all and in fact asked her to give them the once over before she left. So basically she’s Attempted to twist and manipulate the whole thing to get a refund and thrown toys out the pramwhen refused and I basically said that to her in the end. She then went on to say she was reporting me to Facebook (crack on) - messages got a bit unpleasant and if I’m honest, childish from both of us so I just blocked her on FB. So now she keeps sending me money requests on PayPal! Every time I delete it, she requests it again. So I have now blocked her in my contacts and for the third time, deleted her money requests. Does anyone know if that will stop me receiving any further requests for money from her?
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.