Help!

Wyatt614
New Community Member
My paypal charged my old bank account and it say payment went through which makes no sense because I canceled the account months ago. Need to figure this out ASAP. I hate talking to a robot on the phone.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Wyatt614 

It makes sense because if the bank account is closed, you must manually remove it from your PayPal Wallet page as you are responsible for keeping your financials up to date and updating your automatic payments/billing agreements or risk PayPal using it for payments or you selecting it for withdrawals by mistake. PayPal doesn't know if you closed your bank account, only you'd know. Would be cool if they had telepathy like that.

Not exactly sure what would happen, the bank should bounce it and PayPal will notify you when the bank notifies them about problem with payment.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Wyatt614 

It makes sense because if the bank account is closed, you must manually remove it from your PayPal Wallet page as you are responsible for keeping your financials up to date and updating your automatic payments/billing agreements or risk PayPal using it for payments or you selecting it for withdrawals by mistake. PayPal doesn't know if you closed your bank account, only you'd know. Would be cool if they had telepathy like that.

Not exactly sure what would happen, the bank should bounce it and PayPal will notify you when the bank notifies them about problem with payment.

Login to Me Too

Felix771

I can not draw money from my PayPal account for more than a month now. It keeps on saying "We can not help you now please try later". Is there any problem maybe with this Covid- 19 pandemic? Please assist me as I am desperately need the money. Thanks. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Wyatt614 

Transfers from bank accounts are never instant, that is why when you buy something paypal credit the seller upfront for you and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer to pay them back again, this is so you get your item without delay.

Takes several working days to transfer as Paypal use the slowest (cheapest) transfer option BUT funds normally leave your bank account from a few hours up to a few days later. IF the transfer fails then paypal will put your paypal account into negative until you pay them back again.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kernowlass 

Thanks for that: " IF the transfer fails then paypal will put your paypal account into negative until you pay them back again."

So much sh.... to remember, beginning to have brain freeze. lol

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sharpiemarker 

😉Know the feeling, 😊

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Wyatt614
New Community Member
So the guy I sent the money too will still get it?
Login to Me Too

Dose956
Contributor
Contributor

I got a I got a some money sent from a friend earlier in her transaction didn't go through it did but it didn't cuz I got an email for it saying is she paid with her MasterCard and I had a notification on my PayPal but these **bleep** **bleep** won't let me get my money so what can I do to get my money and I can't get ahold of her by the way

Login to Me Too

Dose956
Contributor
Contributor
So there is no way for me to get the get the money at this point
Login to Me Too

Felix771

I also experience the same problem. Can someone come to our rescue?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.