Help

Bridenee
New Community Member
So recently my husband sent me $160 on PayPal through my number unfortunately my number wasn’t confirmed or contacted to my PayPal but apparently someone’s was bc the money was accidentally sent to that person I then added and confirmed my number and the person the money was sent to was no longer on PayPal but I never received the funds nor did he get the funds back. So will I be able to receive my funds back or will they go to my husband’s account the whole thing is weird
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_david

Hi there @Bridenee.

Welcome to the Community!

If a payment was sent to a phone number that was registered on a different account, it's possible that your husband may be able to file a dispute on the transaction to request a full refund. This can be done by going to the Resolution Centre on the PayPal website. From here, if your husband clicks the 'Report a Problem' option. On the next page, he can then click the 'Dispute a Transaction' option. He will need to select the option for an Item not Received dispute. 

The receiver of the payment will then need to provide information on the transaction. As there was no item sold, they will not be able to provide this information, and the relevant teams in PayPal would be able to find the case in your favour. 

I hope this helps.

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.