Help with refund after cancelled order!

Ash_Saunders
Contributor
Contributor

I placed an order at Boots.com 2 weeks ago, and the order was cancelled on the same day as the items weren't in stock. Boots say they have sent the release code for my money to be refunded to me as i paid via PayPal but I haven't got it. My bank say they haven't received the code either so is there anything I can do to speed up this refund? The money has been sitting in the pending stage for 10 days and still hasn't been released.

Any help would be really appreciated! Thanks

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ash_Saunders 

Pending refunds can only happen for two reasons.

1. The seller has issued a refund from their bank account which takes time to process.

2. You funded the payment to the seller using bank transfer. What PayPal do here is credit the recipient on your behalf (so there is no delay in despatching your item). Then if you receive a refund in the meantime they are unable to issue this until the original bank transfer completes.

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/i-want-a-refund

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Ash_Saunders
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass Okay, but the money was never taken in the first place, it has just stayed in pending. The seller (Boots) never took the money as the order was cancelled so they said to PayPal, you can release the money by providing the Authorised Release Code but PayPal claim they haven't received that but Boots are sure they have sent it. Is it just that i will have to wait 30 days and then they will automatically give me the money back, would that be the best/easiest option?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.