Help with refudns

Seller12345
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, A seller asked for a refund as the amount was “ un authorised account activity “ The issue is that the item was a code that I had sent about 20 mins after I received amount into my PayPal account ( I had stated it will be sent within 2 hours of purchase) I contacted the seller again to make sure everything was fine but I had not reply to either messages. Any idea on wether I will be liable for this and haft issue a refund and loose a £25 code?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Seller12345

An unauthorised transaction means that an account holders Paypal account was hacked and used without their consent by your ?buyer.
If Paypal check IP addresses etc and find in favour of the account holder then of course they are reimbursed.

However you would not lose out either as long as you met ALL the requirements of seller protection, HOWEVER unfortunately you have no seller protection for virtual / digital items, you can sell them but at your own risk.  Smiley Sad

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Seller12345

An unauthorised transaction means that an account holders Paypal account was hacked and used without their consent by your ?buyer.
If Paypal check IP addresses etc and find in favour of the account holder then of course they are reimbursed.

However you would not lose out either as long as you met ALL the requirements of seller protection, HOWEVER unfortunately you have no seller protection for virtual / digital items, you can sell them but at your own risk.  Smiley Sad

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Seller12345
Contributor
Contributor
Hello thank you for the reply I have read about a similar situation, would I be able to contact pay pal to solve this sooner As this refund claim doesn’t seem right in my opinion.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.