Help with my webshop

WilliamH0
New Community Member

Hello,

I just started a webshop with a website maker that includes a payment by paypal option,

So when someone pays the money gets sent to my paypal account.

Today someone ordered one of my items and payed with paypal, but when I look at my recent transactions nothing shows up.

I looked around online and some people said that paypal sometimes holds on to the payment for a while, but if they did would'nt it show up somewhere?

I'm relatively new to receiving payments through paypal and the main thing i'm wondering is how long will it take for the money to show up in my account?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Yes, it would show up in your account if it was there whether it was held or not.

Does your web order detail include the PayPal transaction ID? Are you able to find that transaction when you search for it in your PayPal account?

If you have a PayPal transaction ID, but you aren't seeing it anywhere in your account, then my guess would be your site is configured with a PayPal sandbox account. Developers do this for testing, and sometimes they forget to set it all back live. I've seen it a number of times.

Just a guess...

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

WilliamH0
New Community Member

That's probably it, I'll look more into it

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.