Help with international purchase

EH99
Contributor
Contributor

I have a US PayPal account but wish to purchase something from a store in Australia.  The store only takes Australian billing addresses.  How do I create a “sister” PayPal account in Australia and link the two so I can use my US credit cards with US address?  Thank you!

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@EH99 

You can't open another countries paypal account its against paypal rules and would never work for you.

Also you can't add an international address to a paypal country specific account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

EH99
Contributor
Contributor

... so what "fixes" do people use to buy things in other countries?  I need to send someone in Australia a wedding present from an Australian vendor but their website doesn't recognize USD.  I'm guessing others have encountered this?...

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@EH99 

Why would someone in Australian want to accept your currency and then have the issue of converting it at their own expense.

If you are buying from someone in Australian then pay in AUD.

I buy stuff from all over the world and its dead easy to send their currency as long as its supported by paypal.

But you would still not be able to add an Aussie address to a U.S paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

EH99
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much for your help.  I'm happy to pay in whatever currency.  The problem is that my credit cards are registered in the U.S. So when I go on an Australia site to pay, they ask for an Australian zip code, assuming I'm in Australia.  The issue isn't what currency I pay in --- happy to have them charge my card in Australian dollars -- it's the address/postal code verification step on their website.  How do you use your US cards to pay on foreign web sites?  (sorry to be so dense but it sounds like you have knowledge that could help me and I'm obviously missing something).  Thanks again.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@EH99 

As i said you can't add an Australian address to a U.S paypal account, so if they are asking for an Aussie zip code then you can't add it.  

You would only be able to have it shipped to yourself IF and only if the website ships to the U.S.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.