Help needed - Payments received notifications then returned by PayPal

patrevan
New Community Member

Hello all,

I am getting pretty frustrated with the PayPal service unfortunately.

I decided to try selling a few items on ebay and set up a PayPal account to receive the payments for items. 

PayPal emailed me to advise notification of payment received with a link to click on to complete a registration and claim the funds.

So I click the link but there are no transactions/funds to claim and I was not directed to a registration detail if required. 

I kept checking as PayPal again emailed 'Don't forget to claim your money' but still nothing to claim in my account. 

Then PayPal emailed to advise that the money had been returned as I have no account/not completed a registration. 

So I have now sent 2 items out to 2 purchasers who have paid but the money has been returned to them by PayPal.

I have sent a third item out to a purchaser who has also sent the money, PayPal have advised the money is again in my 

account but if not claimed will be returned soon. 

I can't even raise the issue directly with PayPal as the only transaction on my account is the Ebay Fee payment 

and so that is the only transaction I am able to select to raise an issue. 7

But strangely there was no problem with taking that payment from my account. 

Any advise would be gratefully appreciated.

Thank you !!!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@patrevan 

Go to the email section of your PayPal account settings. Does it look like your email address has been confirmed? If not, have PayPal resend the confirmation email as per below to complete your registration:

How do I confirm my email address?

When you register email address for a PayPal account or add an email address, we automatically send an email to confirm the address. If you don't receive the email, check your spam folder, and check that you entered the correct email address.

When you receive the email:

1. Click the link in the email.
  2. Enter your PayPal password.
  3. Click Confirm.

To resend the email:

1. Go to Your Profile.
  2. Click Update next to Email.
  3. Click Edit beside the unconfirmed email address.
  4. Click Confirm this email address. We’ll send an email to that address.

And do not ship anymore items until you've actually received payment. I don't understand why people do not check their PayPal to make sure payment is received before shipping. Emails don't mean nothing. Money has to go to be in the PayPal account first as received. Unclaimed money is returned after 30 days so you waited that long or did PayPal give you an earlier deadline?

Tbh, I don't know what's going on with your account. You're getting the emails so the email address is correct. 

Have you messaged PayPal through the bell icon of your account on the website?

Or

to see if there is a problem with registration of your account:

1. Go to: https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/contact-us
  2. Click Payments
  3. Click Account profile and set up
  4. Click Email address
  5. Click Message Us or Call Us after the "This information might help" box or on the green box that pops up

Or

Facebook/Twitter

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.