Help my kids keep charging to my account even after I change passwords How do I regulate/stop it.

jack1julia
Contributor
Contributor

I have allowed my kids to purchased downloadable content to their phones and videogames through a microsoft and a Google account in good standing (ongoing and linked to my paypal acct.) but after each transaction that I know of (or find out about after the fact) I change my paypal password but it happens again. *my kids are paying me but they have got in the habit of doing before asking and I want to put a stop to this-I want their transactions to be denied so they have to come get the latest pw from me and allow me to approve the purchase beforehand-  WHAT DO I NEED TO DO (preferably w/o cancelling the accounts as we do want to use them again in the future)  Thanks to all in advance

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Dell14z
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Take their phones and video controllers away from them!  They aren’t listening to you and have the upper hand in this situation. Get your kids under control before they do something really bad.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi @jack1julia

I am sorry to hear what has been happening with your kids paying for downloads without your permission. In order to stop this from happening you would need to cancel the pre-approved agreement on your PayPal account that is set up with Google and the other merchants. This, in turn, would need to be set up each time they want to pay for something. Depending on who you bank with you can request that they add an extra layer of security where a pin will be sent to your phone that needs to be entered in on the device that is being used before the payment can complete. This may be a better option for you. 

I hope this helps, 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Dell14z
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Paula, that PIN option should be advertised and offered in big letters on your site. That’s a feature that I wasn’t aware of and parents need to know about it 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.