Help, Requested money request for goods and services, buyer paid, but no shipping address

pdxmatts
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I had an item for sale and a buyer requested an invoice and I sent it as a money request for goods and services. The buyer paid it and the full amount is showing in my balance without a PP fee dedcuted, but the details do not show a shipping address for them. I asked for a mailing address and they gave it to me, but now I am worried that if I ship and they say they didn't receive it, that I would lose seller protection. I am really confused on what I should do. Help please?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pdxmatts 

Really?
Its against Paypal rules to accept a family / friends payment for selling goods and can lead to your Paypal account being limited.
A buyer would not be able to open a Paypal dispute for 'non-receipt' OR 'not as described' as they would have no Paypal buyer protection.
However they can still open an 'unauthorised transaction' OR do a 'chargeback' (if they funded that Paypal payment via their credit card) and you would probably lose as you would have no Paypal seller protection because you accepted payment that way.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

pdxmatts
Contributor
Contributor

** Solved ** After waiting on the line with PP for an hour and a half, they told me it was safe to ship because the buyer paid me with personal funds, like friends and family, even though the request I sent was for goods and services. They said the buyer could not file a claim. 

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pdxmatts 

Really?
Its against Paypal rules to accept a family / friends payment for selling goods and can lead to your Paypal account being limited.
A buyer would not be able to open a Paypal dispute for 'non-receipt' OR 'not as described' as they would have no Paypal buyer protection.
However they can still open an 'unauthorised transaction' OR do a 'chargeback' (if they funded that Paypal payment via their credit card) and you would probably lose as you would have no Paypal seller protection because you accepted payment that way.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

nethkern_20
Contributor
Contributor
Haven’t see the money from the paid receipt
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.