Help! Is this cheating?

Joe9483
New Community Member

I'm newbie on paypal system. I've sold some game items. The buyer said he sent me the money to my paypal account, and I've got an invoice mail from paypal. /////////////////////////This is the description on the invoice You have received a payment of $2,100.00 USD from xxx. This payment may take up to 72 hours to reflect in your PayPal balance and PayPal summary. This transaction is non-refundable, any chargebacks or disputes will be denied by PayPal./////////////////////////I thought that the transaction had already made, so I sent the items to the buyer. It's been more than 4days since I got the invoice mail, but I cannot find any balance in my account. Anyone has idea what is going on?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Joe9483

This is a typical scam ..................

They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk or spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Paypal payments show in your Paypal balance more or less instantly.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.