Help! Is it safe to sell using paypal?

3mgc
New Community Member
I have just been offered to sell a product and get paid with PayPal. It is kind of a large sale! If they send payment, and I send them the item, is there a way they can call PayPal and say whatever to get their money back and then I am out the product and the money? PLEASE help!!! Thank you!!!
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@3mgc 

That depends on many factors all listed in Paypals buyer protection policy for you to read so you can risk assess your transactions.
Legal (bottom right of Paypals pages) > user agreement > buyer protection.

However make sure you never send anything unless the funds are showing in your paypal account balance regardless of any paypal emails. If they say differently they are fake emails.
Beware of scammers that tell you to send trackable before the funds show in your balance = scam.

Beware scammers that tell you they are going to send a courier and you must pay the courier first for them = scam.

Beware scammers that tell you that you have to send them copies of any sort of gift card for account reasons = scam.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@3mgc 

That depends on many factors all listed in Paypals buyer protection policy for you to read so you can risk assess your transactions.
Legal (bottom right of Paypals pages) > user agreement > buyer protection.

However make sure you never send anything unless the funds are showing in your paypal account balance regardless of any paypal emails. If they say differently they are fake emails.
Beware of scammers that tell you to send trackable before the funds show in your balance = scam.

Beware scammers that tell you they are going to send a courier and you must pay the courier first for them = scam.

Beware scammers that tell you that you have to send them copies of any sort of gift card for account reasons = scam.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.