Help. I'm not an expert in Paypal

Rory2018
New Community Member

Hi all paypal experts,

I'm a beginner and I would like to get an advice from you. I want to sell a sofa via a website and I got an email from someone who wants to buy it. He doesn't want to check the sofa at all just he wants it. He asked to pay using paypal and I told him that I don't accept paypal payments (actually it's because I didn't use paypal to receive money before and I don't know anything about it). He said that the only way he can pay is paypal. My question here is that how can I trust him? what if I give him my paypal email and he transfer the amount and then he withdraw it again? is that possible? 

I'm sorry but I don't know anything about that. Could you give me an advice about how I can be sure that 100% I'll get the money please?

Thank you in advance,

Rory

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rory2018

TYPICAL PAYPAL SCAM.

They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk or spam folders.

They don't quibble on cost and may also say they can't view the item as they are disabled or working abroad etc etc but they will arrange a shipping agent to collect it.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

The 'fake' paypal email will tell you that the buyer has paid for the item + shipping costs but you must send those shipping costs to the courier/ shipping agent via western union, moneygram or walmart etc BEFORE the funds are released to you.
They are not interested in the sofa, they just want the western union etc funds and you will never see money in your paypal balance.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal NEVER expect you to use a rival money transfer service eg Moneygram or Western Union etc.
Also their is no seller protection on paypal for any type of item that is collected by the buyer.
Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rory2018

TYPICAL PAYPAL SCAM.

They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk or spam folders.

They don't quibble on cost and may also say they can't view the item as they are disabled or working abroad etc etc but they will arrange a shipping agent to collect it.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

The 'fake' paypal email will tell you that the buyer has paid for the item + shipping costs but you must send those shipping costs to the courier/ shipping agent via western union, moneygram or walmart etc BEFORE the funds are released to you.
They are not interested in the sofa, they just want the western union etc funds and you will never see money in your paypal balance.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal NEVER expect you to use a rival money transfer service eg Moneygram or Western Union etc.
Also their is no seller protection on paypal for any type of item that is collected by the buyer.
Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Rory2018
New Community Member

Aww thank you very much. He did exactly as you said. He said he has disabilities and can't come to pike it up and he will send an agent to do. Omg I can't believe that he did that. Thank you again.

Login to Me Too

magical666
New Community Member

I sold a pc on line it was returned but I never got it it was sent back to sender the customer
now I have no pc or £465
ebay say talk to globel postage service ebay
the they send me back to paypal who send me to ebay
no body lessening ups 1ZD5H3T7DK00021412
I have lost my money and my pc all because paypal sent it to wrong address not my primary address on ebay or paypal

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.