Help! Card denied by issuer but it isn't

doppozaka
Contributor
Contributor

Help! I'm trying to send a payment through paypal and it says my card is denied by issuer. I've paid already with paypal before but now it won't let me now. I called my bank and they said they're not declining it and that they can see it stopped letting me right after my last payment. I need to pay immediately and I don't know what to do, paypal isn't responding as always, I need help. Does anyone know how to fix it?
+ Also, I removed my card from my account to try to re-add it in in case that was the problem but it won't even let me add it anymore, saying it's declined by my card issuer. If I tried to make a new account it'll probably be the same.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_April

Hello @doppozaka

If your bank is able to see that it it stopped letting you use the card this indicates it is a decline on the card side. If PayPal were declining the transaction the bank wouldn't even show an attempt to charge. 

Has the card been used on any other PayPal accounts? If so and you had removed the card it is likey the security system will not allow the card to be added again. In these situations, you would need to use a different card. 

-April 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.