Held payment and refund

Jcelnik
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there I've had a payment sent to me from a family member for some money owed I know for a fact they selected friends and family when sending it as I was there and it is being held in my account for no apparent reason which is very annoying. I have the option to refund the money back to him so my question is if I send it back to his PayPal will it then be held in his account as well because if not he can just withdraw to his bank account and then do a bank transfer. Regards Joel

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jcelnik 

Look on your account and check the payment details for a PayPal fee just to be sure it is not a goods and services hold. PayPal can hold funds for review of any transaction. No idea how long ago this payment was sent, it usually up to a 72 hour wait. If you refunded, it's more likely there won't be a hold as funds came from that PayPal account but you never know as software runs things now and some of the things it does is inexplicable.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.