Held Payment

Maisey1320
Contributor
Contributor

I'm really upset. I sold something on eBay, and it keeps saying awaiting payment. I'm assuming that since this is the first sale I made on this account, it's being held, but I can't find anything on Paypal about this transaction. There is a note on eBay that Paypal can hold my money for 21 days (????). I ended up cancelling the transaction because I don't know what else to do. I have no way to help the buyer either because eBay keeps telling me to issue a refund. How the )&^% am I supposed to do that when I can't accept the money? I should have known better than to ever deal with Paypal again. 

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Maisey1320

Go to ebay and click on 'sell' put in anything (as you aren't going to actually list anything) until you get to the main page > scroll down under ''postage'' and where it says payment methods check the email address that is on that page, is there a spelling mistake or old one?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Maisey1320
Contributor
Contributor

My email has to be correct since I've been buying on eBay and getting emails when I make a purchase. The eBay rep said something about confirming my account, but I haven't been able to get through to anyone on Paypal (when I call). I've made payments just fine. That's what I don't understand. I know, I never should have closed my old Paypal acccount. I was mad at eBay; now, I'm mad at Paypal! 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Maisey1320

My email has to be correct since I've been buying on eBay and getting emails when I make a purchase

Wrong, your email address can be correct on ebay for purchases etc but it can be WRONG on your auction as you imput that email address during the payment process.

If you are not going to actually do what I suggested then that is fine but can't help you anymore.

I have been on here for 10 years so have a pretty good idea what your problem is but if you are not going to bother to cooperate then not a lot i can do.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Maisey1320
Contributor
Contributor

I don't understand what you're saying. I went to sell something - you mean on the actual listing? I don't see anything about email address when making up a listing. Or postage. I see shipping and item location. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Maisey1320

Can you actually go and do this..................

Go to ebay and click on 'sell' put in anything (as you aren't going to actually list anything) until you get to the main page > scroll down under ''postage'' and where it says payment methods check the email address that is on that page, is there a spelling mistake or old one?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Maisey1320
Contributor
Contributor

I don't understand what you're trying to tell me to do!!!! &%$%... Are you just making )*&^ up or what? I don't understand what you're saying about "main page" or "postage." When I go to "sell," it takes me to a template. I don't see postage or email in the template. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Maisey1320

ok, no problem. I can't make it any plainer.

I have posted that for others with the same problem as you nearly every week and they have done exactly as advised > found the problem > fixed it.

But if you can't understand what I am asking you then unfortunately you are one that I can't help.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Maisey1320
Contributor
Contributor

I got that it was my email address that was the issue, and I changed it under my account. It was just frustrating to me that I couldn't figure out the way that you were directing me to change it. I still don't. I just hope that since I changed my email through there, that it won't be a problem on the rest of my listings. Because it is already too late on this transaction. I don't see anything about email addresses when I go to sell an item, or on my current listings when I look through those.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.