Haven't got back the whole amount when cancelled the payment to wrong email address. Delay or what?

JAM85
New Community Member

Hello. I made payment to wrong email address, and then cancelled it. Now, Paypal have returned the amount I took for the payment from my Paypal account, but they haven't returned the money that was taken from my real bank account for the total amount. Paypal account says that money (the whole amount) is returned to me but my Paypal account's balance is not even close to the whole amount. Actually they have taken XXX,XXeuros from my account instead returning it back to my real bankaccount. How that is possible, or is there some delay? Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JAM85

Gosh you were lucky, if that mis-spelled email address was valid to another person you 'may' have lost your money !!

Luckily you could cancel, so when you cancel a payment those funds can't do a u-turn > they have to process through to paypal who will then either return them to your funding source (if you paid with a debit or credit card), or credit your paypal balance (if it was funded from your balance or instant bank transfer), but that takes a few days and sometimes up to a week.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.