Have paypal refunds changed?

charlottei
New Community Member

I feel like I'm losing my marbles!

In the past, if I've paid for something using Paypal but the funds have come out of my bank account, if I've then had a refund the money has gone back into my Paypal account and just sat there in my account.

Today, I had an email to say I'd received a refund for something, then an hour later I've had an email from Paypal saying I'd requested a withdrawal of funds to my bank account for the same amount of the refund.

Looking at the Paypal FAQ it does say "If your payment came from your bank account, it will be refunded to that bank account." but I've been using Paypal for years and this has never happened before, I've always had go to into my account and manually withdraw the funds back.

Is this a recent change or should this have been happening all along? It doesn't bother me I was just a little thrown to see it happen automatically this time!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@charlottei

Seems like a paypal glitch as others have reported the same, as far as i know the auto withdraw option is not available in the UK Smiley Frustrated

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.