Have not received money from my Upwork to Paypal

tyhransart
New Community Member

Good day,

my name is Tyhran I am freelacner from Ukraine, Kyiv. I have stuck with the problem that I did money transaction (19Tuesday)  from my Upwork account to my Paypal account. My credit card was confirmed after money transaction but it was linked to my account before. I have never used Paypal before, so O did not know anything about these processes. Upwork says that money transaction has been successfully sent to me. But I have not received any kind of notifications from my Paypal. It just sasys (any activity)

Can You Help me with that problem?

Do I have a chance to return my money?

TScreen Shot 2018-06-19 at 8.43.13 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-06-25 at 10.41.48 AM.pnghanks.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@tyhransart

Unfortunately, PayPal accounts in Ukraine are not able to receive funds transfers, these accounts are only able to send funds transfers. 

If someone tried to send you an individual transfer to your PayPal account email address, they would see an error message.

If a business sent you funds to your PayPal account in Ukraine with PayPal Mass Pay or PayPal Payouts, they will be able to see the failed transfer in their account summary. 

Here is a PayPal link with details on account functionality by country.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@tyhransart

Unfortunately, PayPal accounts in Ukraine are not able to receive funds transfers, these accounts are only able to send funds transfers. 

If someone tried to send you an individual transfer to your PayPal account email address, they would see an error message.

If a business sent you funds to your PayPal account in Ukraine with PayPal Mass Pay or PayPal Payouts, they will be able to see the failed transfer in their account summary. 

Here is a PayPal link with details on account functionality by country.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside

Login to Me Too

tyhransart
New Community Member

Is it possible that my money will be returned to My Upwork account? Or I will never return them back?

Login to Me Too

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@tyhransart

An attempt can be made to send a payment to a Ukraine PayPal account, but it cannot complete. Your PayPal account doesn't have a balance function. The sender will be able to find the failed payment, and the reason the payment failed, in their PayPal account (with PayPal Mass Pay or PayPal Payouts).

You should contact the business that sent you the payment, and tell them the situation, so they can find the failed payment. You could also ask them about alternative ways to receive your payment.

I do hope everything works out for you.

Login to Me Too

tyhransart
New Community Member

Thank You a lot) Hope it will help me

Login to Me Too

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@tyhransart

You're very welcome.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.