Has paypal lost their mind? Captcha every 5 minutes to look at my own account

BLVCKSIXSIX
Contributor
Contributor

I am logged into my account which has double verification using text. Once I am logged in, I got to look at my transactions, and I am asked to do a security check, and click I am not a robot, once I do that I am asked to click squares with pictures, I do that. Then I am given another security challenge with pictures. I do that. Then I am asked again to do another one. Then another. I get them all right and it lets me view my transaction. But In about 5 minutes I click another transaction, and I am asked again to do the security challenge. What the **bleep** is wrong with you? I cannot even look at my own account without jumping through hoops every 5 minutes? I am trying to do my taxes and look at everything I spent money on,  and with this crap it will take me 10 hours to do something that should take me 20 minutes. I have multiple accounts and if this is what I have to deal with every time I need to look at my account, I will look into canceling paypal. I have been using their service to process payments for my businesses for almost 10 years and this has never happened. I cleared my browser, cleared all cookies, and yet still it believes I am someone else. You have truly messed up your own business paypal. I should not have to perform a security check every 5 minutes, when I am logged in, and just did a security check a few minutes ago. I cannot even look at my own account without playing this stupid crap game.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BLVCKSIXSIX 

Best ask customer services, I have never, ever had a Captcha in my paypal account when viewing it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

BLVCKSIXSIX
Contributor
Contributor

It happens to others:

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/My-Account/Captcha/m-p/1719602#M28274

Go into your account. go to transactions. Right click around 10 transactions to new tabs. By the time it opens the 10th one it will be a captcha. Once you do that captcha, it will either let you see the transaction or say there was an error. but then open up another transaction in a few minutes. It will be another captcha, and then it will not just be a captcha, it will be more complex with pictures, like click all the pictures with cross walks, and then another like click all the pictures with buses, then another like click all the red lights. After you do like 5 of them it will let you see the transaction. But then it will happen again in a few minutes. It is a stupid security feature like it believes there is too much activity on your account so it thinks it is protecting you. Morons at paypal need to get their sh^t together because this is not cool. It even did it right now when I replied to this comment...I think they think we like to play games and click little squares. It gave me 8 to do just to reply

cccc.PNG

Login to Me Too

Carl30
Contributor
Contributor

I HATE this too. I'm trying to print about a hundred activities on paper for my bookkeeping. I just want to open them super fast in new tabs and print them, but this captcha cancer **bleep** keeps popping up ruining everything. What should take me 3 minutes takes 30 minutes. PLEASE make the system a little less paranoid... how many times do I have to prove I'm a not a robot...

Login to Me Too

evildrome
Contributor
Contributor

I'm seeing this too.

Just started today.  I have never been asked to complete a Captcha before and I've been using Paypal for 15 years.

You know that they get paid for these right?  You know why its cars, crossroads, a bicycle?

They're using the data to train self driving AI.

They're monetising your login experience !

I think I even got one of these logging in on my phone...  I mean... my phone... that's verification in and of itself.

MY BANK doesn't ask me to do Captcha's... why should Paypal?

BTW I WILL BE LEAVING IF THIS DOES NOT STOP.

Login to Me Too

TireCoverTim
Contributor
Contributor

I have been with paypal since the beginning .. literally .. This security **bleep** is driving me crazy. My current record for captcha attempts is 35 .. I call it out to my wife across the house and we make a kind of joke out of it. eBay is forcing sellers to use the ebay managed payments circumventing Paypal .. and I hate that so maybe they are working together so you migrate to the eBay payments. I am still holding out .. in my experience this is a growing pain as eBay and Paypal once again make a transformation of thier relationship .. I found using a different browser AND the phone (2 step) verification works with maybe one captcha, do not check remember this device and it seems to reduce the captcha requirements but if you check that box it goes right back to the endless pictograms and word captchas .. absolutely crazy, I log into paypal during working hours dozens of times per hour sometimes .. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.