Hacked Account please help!!!

Miro87
Contributor
Contributor

My Paypal account got Hacked. I want to remove credit card from it and I cant.

Is there a possibility to get a refund for lost money?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Miro87 

if you were hacked......

Click on the transaction in your paypal account and use the 'report a problem' link at the bottom to report it as unauthorised if that is what it was.

An unauthorised transaction means that your Paypal account was hacked and used without your consent.
If Paypal check IP addresses / devices etc and find that it was hacked then yes you should receive your refund.

I hope you changed your password and security questions?
I hope you ran a virus scan on your computer?
I would also be telling my card issuers and bank accounts company that the account was hacked so that they can keep an eye on your account OR remove the financial info involved until things are sorted.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Miro87 

if you were hacked......

Click on the transaction in your paypal account and use the 'report a problem' link at the bottom to report it as unauthorised if that is what it was.

An unauthorised transaction means that your Paypal account was hacked and used without your consent.
If Paypal check IP addresses / devices etc and find that it was hacked then yes you should receive your refund.

I hope you changed your password and security questions?
I hope you ran a virus scan on your computer?
I would also be telling my card issuers and bank accounts company that the account was hacked so that they can keep an eye on your account OR remove the financial info involved until things are sorted.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Miro87
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, thank you, everything is fine. I just had problems with reporting, but with other browser it was done without any problems.

Login to Me Too

Natasyatan
New Community Member

Hi, my account is hacked malaysia time 5am. i was asleep. when i wake up in the 9am i didn't realise the message email notification there is a new email address registered for my account. Now 9PM i trying to log in to see my PayPal account. I can not log in anymore. I try to reset the account password. it was told no such email account is registered with PayPal! i therefore registered again using the same email address in order to post this. i lost US2302 i can't log in to my old account anymore. i trying to reach PayPal but i don't know how. there is no contact number. I went to facebook account to try speak to Paypal customer service they are like computers set answering automatically. they don't understand what i asked and no solution is given. it is covid 19 time. i m jobless and i badly need this money for my mother. she is sick. i am helpful. please i really appreciate if anyone can help me. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Natasyatan 

Contact options for Paypal at the moment are...

Paypal phones are mostly non operational since covid but sometimes you get lucky. (use the guest option if you can't log in).
If there is one available it will show when you click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available in your country.
Live chat is randomly available.
You can send them a message.
Or
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Contact any linked cards and bank accounts and get them to cancel and replace the cards and remove your bank account from paypal.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.