HELP, I'VE BEEN SCAMMED OUT OF $300

nintendo-1
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, this is going to be a long story. S I was selling a Star Wars book, and didn't expect to sell it for the price I did. Surprise surprise, a user by the name of coskel-47 accepted my offer and asked me to discuss business in text messages, all of which I've screenshotted. He tells me the book is a gift for his niece and to send him my Paypal email so he can send the payment. He then requests I get him $300 worth of Steam gift cards and said he would be paying $30 for shipping. Excited by the prospect of getting around an extra $20, I decided not to question the strange request. I send him an invoice for the total price on ebay, but he doesn't care and just wants to see it on the texts. After I tell him the total, I get sent this email which I assume is from Paypal. I didn't know he wouldn't be paying upfront for the cards, so now I had to be speding my own money. I tell him I can only get $200 at the moment, all the time, he's blowing up my phone asking if I got it yet. Before I go to Wal-mart to get the card, I tell him to assure me it isn't a scam, and he tells me the money was already deducted from his account, and that paypal would give me the money once I sent him pictures of the cards and the receipts. I tell him that if he's a phony, I'm making a case with Paypal. I send the pictures and he tells me that paypal won't give me the money until I get the rest of the $100, which I told him I didn't have. I have to rely on refunds just to scrape the cash to get him the rest of it. I tell him before I get the second card that if he is a scammer, that I will find a way to get my money back and he tells me that I will surely get my money back. I send him pictures of the second card and demand my money back. He tells me that the card was used, even though I had just bought it. He keeps lying to me and I tell him that if I don't get my money back by break, I'm making a case with Paypal and that I have all the evidence I need, and he calls me a liar. I get fed up with him and tell him I'm making a case. He still lies to me and he finally sends me over the edge when he asks me to get another card to get more money out of me, I finally cuss him out and try to find where to make my case. I tried the website, but that didn't help me. I tried calling the number, but it keeps telling me that I won't get to talk to a person, so this is my last plea for help. TO whoever sees this post, please help me out, he scammed me out of every penny I had. I have all our text messages if you want to see them. He has private feedback on ebay so no one can even see what I have to say about him. PLEASE HELP!!! paypal.PNGpaypals.PNGpayal.PNG

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.