Guest checkout

Siavashpk
New Community Member

Hello,

hope everyone is in safe and health.

I gotta a problem with guest checkout, I use same PP account for 2 different websites. 

PayPal Guest checkout works for one of the website and there in no issue with that. but for the new one, even though all the setting and configurations are same,it doesn't work and it asks for PayPal account in order to complete the Order and Payment.

what is the problem and what is the solution for that?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Siavashpk 

The guest checkout options appear according to the specific customer's PayPal cookies, IP address if the PayPal account option setting is enabled for both accounts.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Siavashpk
New Community Member

Thanks for responding,

Im aware of that but the thing is I tested with different computer and IP.. cleared cached.. moreover there is nothing wrong with my other website.

Login to Me Too

Gaurav_IR
Contributor
Contributor

I am facing the same issue.

Were you able to make it work?

Login to Me Too

MTS_Chiranjeevi

Hi @Siavashpk / all,

Thank you for contacting PayPal community.

Our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

If you(i.e merchant) have implemented PayPal Express checkout integration, you can try (https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/express-checkout/ec-initiate-payment/) on your website.

I request to please contact your website developer (or) third-party shopping cart provider to pass the variables "SOLUTIONTYPE=Sole" and "LANDINGPAGE=BILLING" in the SetExpressCheckout API call to make sure guest checkout is offered as often as possible. 

Unfortunately, Guest payment checkout(i.e payment via credit/debit) is not applicable for all users. It's important to remember that guest checkout is not guaranteed for every transaction. PayPal runs a risk check to determine eligibility for guest checkout. There will be times when guest checkout is not available.

This is intended behavior of the product. Customer/buyer need to create PayPal account to process the payment.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,

Chiranjeevi

PayPal, Inc.

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.