Guest PayPal account

Domjodesgabby
Contributor
Contributor

bought an item on eBay. My eBay linked to my PayPal. eBay said my purchase was used via a guest account set up on pay pal for the purchase. Not sure, why it wasn’t from my PayPal account. It’s not listed in my PayPal account, because of this. eBay said I’d been given a full refund, and would be in my PayPal account soon. It’s in my bank account details and not PayPal, but it’s not for the full amount, eBay said it would be. Have PayPal charged me a fee? For receiving my refund? Or has seller not paid the full amount? I’m having trouble contacting PayPal as it’s not showing in my PayPal account, eBay have given me the transaction id, to contact PayPal with, but how can I contact them, when no option to enter the transaction number/id?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Domjodesgabby 

Please contact customer service for assistance and give the transaction ID over the phone:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Say "Live Agent" to the automated recording.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Domjodesgabby
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for your reply. It’s quite annoying, that this is the only way to contact PayPal about this, as I assume, this will also cost me money. I will phone tomorrow, as I can’t get a good reception on my mobile here
Login to Me Too

MelaniSoul
Contributor
Contributor

I WAS REFUNDED SOME MONEY FRO SHOES I PURCHASED FROM CONVERSE. THEY PLACE THE ENTIRE AMOUNT BACK INTO MY PAYPAL. WHICH, ONLY 12.00 SHOULD HAVE WENT TO PAYPAL AND 81.17 TO MY CREDIT CARD. I TRIED TRANSFERRING THE FUNDS TO THE PREPAID PAYPAL CARD AND NOW THEY  SAY THEY HAVE NO RECORD OF THE REFUND AND IT COULD BE IN A GUEST ACCOUNT? WHST IN THE HECK IS A GUEST ACCOUNT AND HOW DO I GET TO IT. DOES ANY ONE NOW?? AND HOW DO WE SPEAK TO LIVE PEOPLE????? SO MAD....

Login to Me Too

vinylmaid
Contributor
Contributor

I've spent hours on the phone to both eBay and now PayPal who are telling me that the refund has gone back to my 'guest account' which is apparently because I paid with my VISA debit card. She is also telling me that I don't have access to this guest account! So I've been refunded but I can't get to the money. I'm actually about to blow my top! Going to try and find a way to complain but I've spent so many hours, I'm exhausted and it's cost me, eBay and PayPal a small fortune in man-hours trying to get £26.98 back.

Login to Me Too

vinylmaid
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal have agreed to transfer the balance from my guest account (which I can't see) to my main Paypal account. Apparently, I'm meant to be grateful for this despite being told that I've got some ridiculous secret account that only PayPal have access to despite it being my money. And all this because some fraudulent idiot sold me a counterfeit item on Ebay. FURIOUS

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.