Group of fake buyers in ebay steals paypal account information.

KarlisMagone
New Community Member

GOOD DAY! I have listed two items on ebay to sell. There was to soon buyers who wanted to buy my items. But when they need to pay for items, they send you an email and asks to send them to different email invoice from paypal. After i made that i got an email in spam folder from paypal that money is sent but i must provide a proof that i have sent items. Does paypal is connected with service called Fastservice.com? And does paypal holds money from buyers until some proofs are sent?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @KarlisMagone,

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! Thank you for reaching out, this is great question. First, here's a great Help Center article that will help you determine whether an email is from PayPal or not. From the sound of it, I don't think that email you received was actually from us. 

Also, when selling on eBay, it's not normally recommended to invoice to the buyer outside of the marketplace you post your item to. That being said, there are certain situations where it may be necessary to work around a system error, but this does not sound like one of those situations. If you posted your item on eBay to sell, it doesn't sound like it would be necessary in this situation to invoice outside of eBay to receive your payment.

I might recommend posting your item to sell to a different buyer. Thanks again for reaching out!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.